Here is what the QBD crew thought…
The ketogenic diet – one that is low in carbs and rich in healthy fats and proteins – induces a metabolic state called ketosis. There are many health benefits of ketosis, including weight loss, relief from common ailments such as Type 2 diabetes and an overall increase in energy.
As a newcomer to the Keto diet, I found the basic information in this book the perfect way to familiarise myself with a new diet and its rules. Pete gives you all the essentials, including:
- An easy-to-understand explanation of what the keto diet is, and its benefits.
- Guidelines on carbohydrates found in common foods
- Shopping and pantry tips – This comes with a list so you can set up your keto-friendly kitchen with ease.
- Food swaps -Perfect for those of us starting out. You can easily make a few small changes to start you on your way, e.g. spiralised vegetables instead of pasta or parsnip fried instead of French fries.
- So many delicious recipes!
With a book like this, you’re always hoping for tasty recipes…. And Pete Evans delivers a multitude.
Those of you dreading hunting for a specialty supermarket near you can relax- Pete’s receipes are colourful, flavoursome and quick; using everyday ingredients you can pick up at your local supermarket.
Our family favourites so far are the Bacon, Tomato and Spinach omelette with a tiny sprinkle of added cheese; and the ginger chicken stir-fry. We’re still “transitioning” to cauliflower rice so we mix a little brown rice in, but it still tastes amazing.
Easy, quick and informative, we give Pete Evans’ Easy Keto 5 big stars!